Precision Racing Engines come with 1 year 12, 000 mile warranty on all internal reciprocating parts (NOTE complete Race Engines come with NO WARRANTY). Engines that are completely built by Precision Racing Engines have to be Dyno tested for warranty to be valid. Any parts failures will be warranted by manufacturer at their discretion. All warranties will be voided if engine is taken apart. No warranty claim is valid if precision is not contacted before repair is started.
As of January 2013 all Precision Racing Engines will be required to use Joe Gibbs, Hot Rod, or XP Series oil for the warranty to be valid. We have taken extra steps to make sure your engine has been broken in and dyno tested with Joe Gibbs Break-in oil.
- For final assembly work, please use qualified personnel only.
- Engines are shipped without oil.
- Pre-prime and check oil pressure. Observe proper torque specs.
- When installing oil pan and pick up tube, check clearance from rod to pick up tube and pick up pan.
- Never use synthetic oil to start an engine!! Joe Gibbs Break-in oil ONLY.
- Always check timing and oil pressure after starting ** Know how to use your timing light **
- Due to production tolerances on blocks and crankshafts, Precision is not responsible for rear main seal leaks.
- Be sure that you have an adequate fuel pump and system.
- Check end play on crankshaft after installation of engine to ensure that you have adequate clearance between rear of crankshaft and torque converter and pilot bearing.
- Make sure installer of engine installs correct flywheel, pressure plate, and clutch.
- Make sure installer checks correct fit of balancer to crankshaft fit.
- Due to use of aftermarket parts made of aluminum (which expands & contracts), you have to check rocker adjustments periodically and bolts should be checked for tightness. You may need to retorque: Cyl heads, intake, oil pans, and drive train bolts.
- Use high performance parts, engines, and power adders at your own risk. Precision Racing Engines hereby disclaims all warranties, either expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Precision Racing Engines assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for it any liability in connection with the sale of parts or engines. Precision Racing Engines will not be held responsible for parts breakage – the manufacturer of parts will need to be contacted. We install the parts – we do not manufacture them.
- Precision Racing Engines will not be responsible for issues with internal parts if the engine sits more than 6 months
- PRECISION RACING ENGINES are not responsible for parts or engines left over 3 months.